Saturday, February 22, 2014

Sigh

My parents are old.Old and infirmed. in addition to alchoholism, mom 's a stroke survivor who is also on oxygen from some unspecified lung ailment. I'm home for a few weeks to take care  of hem while my sister is away.

The firstit thing I notice is how filthy the house is.Stains on the carpet odd smells, cluttered kitchen. My mother is excited and makes shrimp cocktail but I don't eat it because the glass is filthy and the fork is sticky. Her speech is worse than ever, she's recently started drinking again. My dad has a hard time understanding her but she's convincd he has altzheimers. Everytime he asks her to repeat herself she sheakes her head like he's crazy.
I always knew this growing up, But I've come to the realization of my mother can actually be a very cruel person. my dad is one of the nicest people in the world. but my mother is constantly say mean and terrible things about him. I don't think in the few visits I've had over the last year I heard her say a single loving or nice thing to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment